Annual Budget Vote and Election
May 18, 2021 Annual Budget Vote and Election - General Information and Obtaining an Absentee Ballot
Katonah-Lewisboro School District’s annual budget vote and school board member election is held on the third Tuesday in May. For the current school year, the date is May 18, 2021. Registered voters may vote on propositions placed on the ballot for the 2021-2022 school year and on Board of Education members. There are two Board of Education seats whose terms expires on June 30, 2021. The two expiring terms on the Board of Education are: Mr. Terrence Cheng and Ms. Marjorie Schiff.
The polls are open from 6:00 am until 9:00 pm. A post card will be mailed to all registered voters prior to the annual school district vote and election informing you of your polling location.
Voter Registration Information:
In order to vote in the Katonah-Lewisboro School District’s Annual Budget Vote and Election on Tuesday, May 18, 2021, you must be a registered voter.
Last day for registration is Thursday, May 13, 2021. You may register in person with Kimberly Monzon, District Clerk during the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. There will be a special voter registration scheduled for Saturday, May 8, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. in the District Office.
- be a citizen of the United States
- be at least 18 years old by May 18, 2021 (the date of the election)
- be a resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to May 18, 2021
- be a registered voter
- be registered with either the school district (to vote in school district elections ONLY) or
- be registered with Westchester County Board of Elections (to vote in ALL elections). If you have previously registered to vote, but have not voted in either a school district or general election in the last four years, you must re-register to vote.
Absentee Ballot and Application Process
To obtain an absentee ballot for the May 18, 2021 Budget Vote and Elections an application must be completed and returned to the District Clerk before an absentee ballot can be provided. An absentee ballot may be requested if there is a concern about contracting COVID-19. Check box #1 "Temporary Illness or Physical Disability".
Applications, if they are mailed, must be received by the District Clerk by Tuesday, May 11, 2021. If the application is mailed the address is PO Box 387, Katonah, New York 10536.
Applications, if delivered personally, must be received by the School District Clerk not later than 5 PM on Monday, May 17, 2021. If the application is hand delivered the address is 60 North Salem Road, Cross River, NY 10518. The District Offices are located around the left side of the John Jay High School.
Once the application is completed, please return to the District Clerk’s office. Your ballot will be mailed to the address you specify when the ballot is ready.
Absentee ballots must be received by the School District Clerk no later than 5 PM on Tuesday, May 18, 2020.
Military Ballot Application Due - April 22, 2021
In order for a military voter to be issued a military ballot, a valid military ballot application must be returned to the district, by mail or in person, no later than 5 pm on the 26th day before the election.
Distribution of Military Ballots
Ballots for military voters shall be mailed or otherwise distributed in accordance with the preferred method of transmission on the military ballot application, as soon as practicable, but not later than 25 days before the election or by April 23, 2021.
Important 2021 Budget Vote Dates:
- April 19 - School Board Petitions Due by 5 pm - District Clerk's Office
- April 22 – Military Ballot Applications Due
- May 6 - Public Hearing on Proposed School Budget & Candidate Statements
- May 8 – Special Voter Registration 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – District Clerk’s Office
- May 11 - Last Day to Accept Applications for Absentee Ballots (if application is to be mailed)
- May 13 - Last Day to Register to Vote
- May 17 - Last Day to Accept Applications for Absentee Ballots in Person
- May 18 – Absentee Ballots due by 5:00 p.m. – District Clerk’s Office
- May 18 - Annual Budget Vote and School Board Election
For assistance please contact Kimberly Monzon, District Clerk, at 914-763-7020 or email@example.com.
2021 -2022 Annual Budget Vote and Election
Special Voter Registration Scheduled for Saturday, May 8, 2021
Saturday, May 8, 2021
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
60 North Salem Road
Cross River, NY 10518
The District Office is located around the left side of the High School. The entrance to the District Office is up the set of wooden stairs.
Members of the community will be able to register to vote with the School District, obtain absentee ballot applications and drop off absentee ballots.
You are already registered to vote if:
- You are a District resident and registered with Westchester County, or
- You have voted in a school district election within the last 4 years.
If you are not registered you may:
- Register to vote with Westchester County, which will allow a resident to vote in any school district/county vote or election.
- Register with the District Clerk between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or, which will allow a resident to vote only in school district votes or elections. (Personal Registration)
High School Students:
If you are 18 years old and have not yet registered, you may do so by visiting Ms. Barbara Semenetz in the John Jay High School Principal’s Office Monday – Friday during the school day.
The last day for personal registration is Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
If you are unsure if you are a registered voter or which elementary school your polling location is please follow the link to Katonah-Lewisboro’s Poll Place Finder at https://es.findmypollplace.com/KatonahLewisboroUFSD/
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Kimberly Monzon, District Clerk at 914-763-7020 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Council Hosts Candidates' Night
Parent Council hosted a Candidates' Night on May 5, 2021. Candidates' Night Video
Prospective School Board Candidate Packets Available
Prospective Board of Education Candidate Packets are available for community members interested in running for a vacant seat on the Katonah-Lewisboro School Board of Education. Candidate packets may be obtained from Ms. Kimberly Monzon, District Clerk, at the District Office located at 60 North Salem Road, Cross River, New York, Monday – Friday during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please contact Kimberly Monzon, District Clerk, via e-mail at email@example.com or call 914-763-7020 to schedule an appointment to obtain a packet.
The Katonah-Lewisboro School District Board of Education will have two (2) trustee vacancies to be voted on during the May 18, 2021 Annual School Election and Vote. A trustee’s term on the school board runs for three years. The term is from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2024.
Each candidate must properly file a nominating petition with the District Clerk in order for his or her name to appear on the ballot for the Annual School Election and Vote. The deadline to submit the nominating petition is Monday, April 19, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
Westchester-Putnam School Boards Association will host a workshop for Prospective School Board Members on Thursday, April 8, 2021. Details on the workshop will be provided in the Prospective School Board Candidate Packets.