Katonah-Lewisboro School District Learning Commitment
In the KLSD, we will strive to create learning experiences for all students that are engaging, relevant, and take place in an active learning environment.
- What do intellectually engaging experiences look like? How do we ensure that we are encouraging student curiosity, providing an individually appropriate level of challenge, moving towards increasing levels of independence, and offering effective feedback?
- What are relevant learning experiences? How do we ensure that lessons have purpose beyond test results and make recognizable connections to the lives of our students?
- What is an active learning environment? How do we ensure that all students participate in collaborative, problem/project based activities that foster creativity, critical thinking, and increasingly sophisticated communication?
Welcome to Curriculum & Instruction
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
Learning Cafe October 2017
Parent, teachers and administrators joined the discussion at our Learning Cafe on October 11th where we engaged in thoughtful, two-way communication around the topic of when news enters the classroom.Curriculum & Instruction
Learning Cafe May 2017
Parent, teachers and administrators joined the discussion at our Learning Cafe on May 9th where we engaged in thoughtful, two-way communication around the topic of what learning should look like in 2017.Curriculum & Instruction
Learning Cafe December 2016
Parents, teachers and administrators joined the discussion at our second Learning Cafe where we engaged in thoughtful, two-way communication around the topic of the KLSD Learning Commitment.Curriculum & Instruction
Learning Cafe April 2016
More than 80 people joined us for our first Learning Cafe where we engaged in thoughtful two-way communication around the topic of assessments.Curriculum & Instruction
Mission of the Katonah-Lewisboro School District
The Mission of the Katonah-Lewisboro School District, a student-inspired, community-based center of educational excellence, is to ensure that each student has a passion for learning and defines and achieves individual success in a dynamic, competitive global society through a system distinguished by:
- Highly motivated active learners who continuously assess their progress and feel joy in their accomplishments;
- Faculty and staff dedicated to the success of all students;
- Rigorous curricula and innovative approaches to instruction that honor the uniqueness in each student;
- Collaboration among school, home, and community to create a stimulating learning environment.