Welcome to Curriculum & Instruction
Dear KLSD Families,
The Office of Curriculum and Instruction strives to ensure that all students experience an engaging, relevant, and active learning environment within our schools. In every discipline, the curriculum is aligned with the most current New York State Standards. Our curricular resources and instructional practices are research-based and reflect best practices in the field.
In an effort to ensure best practices in our classrooms, we support our educators with ongoing professional learning opportunities both within and outside the district. Five staff developers join our Director of Technology and me to make up a Professional Learning Team. Together with building and district administrators, we focus on continual improvement in all areas through coaching, workshops, institutes, instructional resources, and coordination of internal committees and external supports.
Thank you for your partnership in making Katonah-Lewisboro schools an exciting learning environment for our students.
Mary Ford, Ed. D.
Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
Secretary to the Assistant Superintendent
Our goal for teaching and learning
three focus areas for curriculum and instruction
Mission of the Katonah-Lewisboro School District
The Mission of the Katonah-Lewisboro School District, a student-inspired, community-based center of educational excellence, is to ensure that each student has a passion for learning and defines and achieves individual success in a dynamic, competitive global society through a system distinguished by:
- Highly motivated active learners who continuously assess their progress and feel joy in their accomplishments;
- Faculty and staff dedicated to the success of all students;
- Rigorous curricula and innovative approaches to instruction that honor the uniqueness in each student;
- Collaboration among school, home, and community to create a stimulating learning environment.
District Plans & Helpful Links
Learning Cafe Presentations
- April 2022 LC - Inclusion
- October 2021 LC - Learning from the Pandemic
- October 2019 - The JJ Mascot and Moving Forward Together
- April 2019 - Diversity
- October 2018 - Feedback
- October 2017 - When News Enters the Classroom
- May 2017 - What Learning Should Look Like
- December 2016 - KLSD Learning Commitment
- April 2016 - Assessments