Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
Secretary to the Assistant Superintendent
Welcome to Curriculum & Instruction
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
Katonah-Lewisboro School District Learning Commitment
In the KLSD, we will strive to create learning experiences for all students that are engaging, relevant, and take place in an active learning environment.
- What do intellectually engaging experiences look like? How do we ensure that we are encouraging student curiosity, providing an individually appropriate level of challenge, moving towards increasing levels of independence, and offering effective feedback?
- What are relevant learning experiences? How do we ensure that lessons have purpose beyond test results and make recognizable connections to the lives of our students?
- What is an active learning environment? How do we ensure that all students participate in collaborative, problem/project based activities that foster creativity, critical thinking, and increasingly sophisticated communication?
Mission of the Katonah-Lewisboro School District
The Mission of the Katonah-Lewisboro School District, a student-inspired, community-based center of educational excellence, is to ensure that each student has a passion for learning and defines and achieves individual success in a dynamic, competitive global society through a system distinguished by:
- Highly motivated active learners who continuously assess their progress and feel joy in their accomplishments;
- Faculty and staff dedicated to the success of all students;
- Rigorous curricula and innovative approaches to instruction that honor the uniqueness in each student;
- Collaboration among school, home, and community to create a stimulating learning environment.
KLSD Technology Commitment
In support of our KLSD Learning Commitment, the latest technologies are to be used when they can create learning experiences that otherwise couldn’t be created – experiences that nurture imaginative, innovative, critical, and ethical thinking.
When used effectively, these technologies should affirm and advance relationships, enhance communication and collaboration, expand horizons, meet individual needs, and foster personal passions. While technology can increase efficiency and productivity, it should also nurture curiosity and creativity.
We pledge to make balanced and thoughtful use of technology while continuing to take full advantage of non-digital resources and all types of inspiring learning opportunities. We strive to prepare our students to be excellent communicators and learners in all environments, and to be thoughtful participants and creators in our world.