2023-2024 Health & Safety & COVID-19 Information
When a Person is Ill
- Parents are asked to keep children home if they are sick and to notify their school nurse of the absence. Information regarding COVID-19 symptoms can be found here.
- COVID-positive individuals should isolate for five days after a positive test or the appearance of symptoms (whichever came first) and wear a mask for an additional five days upon return to school.
- It is recommended that persons exposed to a COVID-positive individual wear a mask for 10 days and get tested at least five days after exposure or sooner if symptoms develop. Quarantine following exposure is no longer required.
- Face masks are optional at school, with the exceptions noted above when a person has tested positive for COVID-19 or been exposed to COVID-19.
- For additional information, this is current guidance to schools and parents from the CDC.
KLSD will continue to provide COVID-19 rapid antigen test kits to families who request them, so long as we have supply. Currently NYS is providing schools with a limited supply to start the year. Please reach out to your school nurse if you would like a test kit.