2022-2023 School Operation and COVID-19 Information
- All schools will be in-person, full-time, five days a week for all students.
- All fall athletics and extracurricular clubs and programs will operate without restrictions.
- All schools have returned to their pre-COVID start and end times.
- For 2022-23 school year, there is no remote option when students are absent. When students are isolating for five days, they will be marked absent, and teachers will provide class materials (through Schoology or other means). Students also will be given the opportunity to make up missed work upon return to school.
When a Person is Ill
- Parents are asked to keep children home if they are sick and to notify their school nurse of the absence. Information regarding COVID-19 symptoms can be found here.
- COVID-positive individuals should isolate for five days after a positive test or the appearance of symptoms (whichever came first) and wear a mask for an additional five days upon return to school.
- It is recommended that persons exposed to a COVID-positive individual wear a mask for 10 days and get tested at least five days after exposure or sooner if symptoms develop. Quarantine following exposure is no longer required.
- Face masks are optional at school, with the exceptions noted above when a person has tested positive for COVID-19 or been exposed to COVID-19.
- For additional information, here is the most recent NYS Guidance: 2022-23 School Year COVID-19 School FAQs for Parents-Caregivers_FINAL.pdf .
Other Changes from Prior Years
- No daily health screener is required, and no weekly health data will be shared.
- No surveillance testing will be conducted, but COVID test kits will continue to be available at all schools so long as KLSD has stock.
KLSD will continue to provide rapid antigen test kits to families who request them, so long as we have supply. Currently NYS is providing schools with a limited supply to start the year. Please reach out to your school nurse if you would like a test kit.