Tennis Courts and Track Re-Opening
May 19, 2020
Dear KLSD Community,
I am pleased to announce that as our State and County have begun to loosen some of the regulations governing outdoor activities and access to facilities, we are able to do the same.
Effective this Thursday, May 21, in advance of the Memorial Day weekend, we will re-open the tennis courts and the track around the contest field at John Jay High School.
As we re-open gradually, we must remain mindful of protecting the health and safety of all. Social distancing guidelines are still in place. For this reason, we are not able to open the fields at this time.
For tennis and the track, the following rules apply:
- Social distancing must be observed and maintained at all times.
- Use of face masks is required when appropriate social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Masks should be worn when passing by others entering or leaving the facility.
- Congregation of groups is not permitted.
- All buildings, including bathrooms, remain closed.
- Benches are off limits.
For tennis, the following rules apply:
- Only singles play is permitted.
- An exception for doubles play is permitted for families living in the same residence.
For the track, the following rules apply:
- The track is for walking/jogging only.
- Access to the track is from the school side only.
Consistent with our Towns, the paddle courts remain closed, as do contest fields, and playgrounds.
In order to help us keep these facilities open to all who wish to use them, I ask everyone to be respectful of the rules above. I know the limits are frustrating for some. They are imposed solely for health and safety reasons. Thank you for your cooperation.
Be safe and be well.
Andrew Selesnick, Superintendent of Schools