Class of 2023 Announcements
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal at JJHS Wednesday June 14th, 2023
Senior Prom Friday June 16th, 2023, at The Surf Club on the Sound in New Rochelle
Class of 2023 Graduation, Tuesday June 20th, 2023, at Caramoor, from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm
SENIOR LAPTOP RETURNS
Laptop collection for seniors begins May 1. All laptops must be returned no later than June 16, 2023. You will not receive your cap and gown until your laptop, charger and cable are returned.
- All laptops should be given to Bryan or Lorraine in D124, which is located inside the library on the left side. You will be asked to sign for the return. Please do not drop off your laptop at the library circulation desk, or the front office desk, or the Guidance office. They will not accept laptop returns.
- If you do not use your school laptop, please return it to the Tech office in D124 as soon as possible.
- AP Exams are May 1-12. Most seniors will not need laptops for AP Exams this year, as you will be using pencil and paper.
- Senior Internships start May 8. If you will not need your school laptop during or after your internship, please return your laptop, charger and cable to D124 as soon as you are able to do so.
- For those seniors who will need to use their laptops until closer to the end of the school year, please return your laptops, including chargers and cables, to the Tech office no later than June 16.
- Make sure you back up any files you need to keep. Laptops will not be returned for any reason.
- Laptops must be returned with the charger and cable. If you forget the charger and/or cable, you will be told to come back the following day with all the parts together. For information about replacement parts, contact Lorraine Pidgeon or Bryan Collins in D124.
- Please use a Windex wipe to remove any fingerprints from the screen and keyboard before you return your laptop. Also remove any stickers you have added to the laptop. (Do not remove the Asset tag on the bottom of laptop.)
Please stop by D124 if you have any questions or email us at:
Lorraine Pidgeon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryan Collins, email@example.com
Senior Week 2023 | Monday April 24th- Friday 28th
To Parents of all Seniors,
We are so excited to be chairing Senior Week 2023 together. We have put together a great week of fun activities and spirit events we think the senior class will really enjoy. We are going to need lots of help from you, the parents, to make this all fall into place smoothly. Please keep your eyes open for SIGN-UPS for all the events.
Senior Week dates are Monday April 24th- Friday 28th. There is a schedule below with events and food, etc.
Senior Seminar Day, which is led by the guidance counselors, will be May 25th. The day will begin with a senior class breakfast from 8:15-10:00am followed by seminars and programs commencing with a Senior Class BBQ lunch from 12:00-2:15pm both of these wonderful events are hosted by the PTO with parent support.
There are many moving parts to make all these events happen. We will be sending sign-ups in the near future for volunteer opportunities, food donations, help with shopping etc.. If you prefer to help by sending in a monetary contribution please do so by check or through the PTO Venmo. If sending in a check, please make it out to JJHS PTO with a note for “senior week” on the check & send it to the school office.
- April 24th: PJ’s and Slippers with bagels and coffee (7:40- 8:30)
- April 25th: Pattern Day clashing is encouraged!
- April 26th: Western Day
- April 27th: Tye-Dye Day with make your own fruit kabobs
- April 28th: Purple & White Day with cookies (pep rally too)
Thank you so much,
Melissa Luper & Lauren Tuchman
cap & gown orders January 17 - 27
Cap & gown orders and payment will be collected in person beginning Tuesday, January 17, 2023, through Friday, January 27, 2023, from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm outside the theater lobby. Orders cannot be placed online. There are extra order forms are available in the main office and attached here. All orders are due by January 31, 2023.
I am also looking for parent volunteers to assist me in collecting cap & gown orders. If you can lend a hand during the week of January 17th and the week of January 23rd that would be great. I will need two parent volunteers between 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and another two parent volunteers from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. If you have any questions or interesting in helping out, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patti Dente, Senior Class Advisor