Modified Athletic Calendar
Modified Coaches Contact Information
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey - Elizabeth Cazzari firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys Soccer - Jason Mahlke email@example.com
- Girls Soccer - Susan Halsey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volleyball (girls)
- Boys Basketball (White Team) - Artie Blank email@example.com
- Boys Basketball (Purple Team) - Mike Perlin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls Basketball (Purple Team) - Erik Hoaglund email@example.com
- Girls Basketball (White Team) - Michael Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indoor Track -
- Wrestling - Evan Lucieer email@example.com
- Baseball - Evan Lucieer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls Lacrosse - Erik Hoaglund email@example.com
- Softball - Kim Mammoser firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Track
Modified Sports FAQs
8TH GRADE ATHLETIC PLACEMENT PROCESS (A.P.P.) FITNESS TESTING DATES
Incoming 8th grade students interested in trying out for junior varsity or varsity teams in the winter, which include: Alpine Ski, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Ice Hockey, Men's Swim & Dive, Winter Track or Wrestling must complete Athletic Placement Process Fitness Testing.
The Advance Placement Process (APP) is a program for evaluating students who want to participate in sports at a higher level. The purpose of APP is not to fill positions on teams, instead, it is aimed at the few, select students who can benefit so that student may be placed at a level of competition that should result in increased opportunity, a fairer competitive environment, minimized risk, and greater personal satisfaction.
APP Physical Fitness Test with Chart.pdf
This is a copy of the test that will be administered
2022 Updated APP Permission Forms.pdf
These signed forms must be completed and submitted prior to students taking the APP test.
Fitness Testing will be offered on the below dates:
Tuesday, November 1st - 3:00 PM at JJHS Fitness Center
Make-ups - Wednesday, November 2nd - 3:00 PM at the JJHS Fitness Center
The test components are posted above. Please submit completed paperwork to the Athletic Office. Please contact the office for any additional questions you may have.
There is a 4:15 PM and 5 PM activity bus Monday through Thursday. Friday there is only a 4:15 PM activity bus. Modified practice end in time for students to take the activity bus home. Transportation is provided to and from away games/meets. However, students must be picked up from the school after these events.
Winter Modified Sports Start Dates
All 7th and 8th grade students are invited to try out for modified sports.
Modified Sports Interest Meeting:
First Day of Tryouts:
Fall Modified Sports Offerings:
Basketball (boys and girls), Winter Track, Wrestling
Intramurals at Middle School
The JJMS Intramural Program is an opportunity for middle school students to participate in additional physical activity after school. All students are welcome and may choose to join on a day to day basis. Intramurals are offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Activities change monthly. Below is the monthly intramural calendar. Sample activities: Fitness Center, Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, and Ultimate Frisbee.